Today, there are 29 students present in our class, so here are our 29 thoughts about learning…
1) There are no desks in our classroom! I love being able to work in different spaces.
2) I like being able to work in a “cave ” on my own when I am reading… The round table is a great way to work with others.
3) My favourite subject is writing.
4)I am loving the use of SKYPE to help us connect to experts, find answers and interact classrooms around the world.
5) I love having a blog of my own and am looking forward to adding widgets like badges when I accomplish my writing goals.
6) Conferencing with a buddy helps me improve my writing.
7) I am excited and proud when I get a comment from another teacher on my blog.
8) I like that we can sit in bean bags and on couches.
9) My favourite space in the classroom is our CAFE (the nickname for our reading corner).
10) I really like Daily 5 during literacy time.
11) Reading to someone else is a challenge for me.
12) I am looking forward to camp!
13) I like going to our junior buddy class and helping them with their reading and reading to them.
14) I like that we have readers from all around the world reading our class blog.
15) My mum likes that she can come and comment on my blog, see what I am up to at school and see photos of us in action.
16) I work best in the quiet cave spaces with no distractions.
17) I like that we can choose the best tool for the job – a laptop, a paint brush or a pen!
18) I am finding the computers tricky but like learning how to display my work.
19) I have a real audience for my writing – this is making me write better.
20) My grandad is in England and he can see what we are up to by reading our blog. We even listened to him talking to us when he left a comment on speak pipe on our blog!
21) I like how we have learning stations in maths and we work with different people.
22) I like having goals in writing and being able to monitor whether I am mastering them or not.
23) I like the Go-Home writing books. When I got 2 Stars an a Wish feedback from everyone, I felt like I had fan mail.
24) I like that I have to do Daily 5 and manage myself at that time.
25) I think our class feels like a library when it is literacy time, a problem solving zone during maths time and a fun busy place during inquiry time.
26) I think it is good that we have clipboards to put our books in for when we are working in beanbags or on the couch.
27) You will see me lying on the floor during inquiry time.
28) We call our teacher conference space a Camp Fire – it’s where we meet Ms B and our learning group.
29) I am happy Ms B says “When you have got it, you can go”… this means I don’t have to sit and listen for a long time and that I can just get on with my learning as soon as I am ready.
Ms B loves that all of these ideas and the running of our learning space has evolved from discussion and ideas shared with her via educators and collaborators who form her PLN!